On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Thanasis <thana...@asyr.hopto.org> wrote:

> I noticed that chromium's code has a lot of vulnerabilities.
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=www-client%2Fchromium
> I suppose this is why we see so often version upgrades of it (and it's
> not a small app to build).
> Why is its code so, should I say prone to bugs, compared to
> other browsers?

Firefox isn't perfect either
https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=www-client%2Ffirefox&list_id=337885

I think you hit the nail on the head by saying that "it's not a small app to
build". The more code that's written increases the the chances a security
holes will be introduced into the application.
And as an internet browser, they're also susceptible to many more vectors of
attack than most other packages. For chromium specifically, I haven't looked
at the CVEs but I suspect many are for webkit and not just Chromium.

Just my 2c.