> On 08/19/2011 03:02 PM, Space Cake wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> after playing a lot with desktop environment first I've decided to move
>> from kde to gnome because kde is too "shine" and eat too much and
>> contains a lot of feature which I don't really need.. gnome is good but
>> still too fat.... so finally I've found Xfce which is perfect for my
>> needs... :)
>>
>> my question is what is the easiest way to get rid of kde/gnome stuff? is
>> this enough to change my useflags to -kde and -gnome? Is there any list
>> what I can safely unmerge in this case?
>
> You change your profile.  You can see your current profile with:
>
>   eselect profile list
>
> For KDE you would use "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde" and for
> Gnome "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/gnome".
>
> For anything else, use "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop".  Then do a:
>
>   emerge -auDN --with-bdeps=y world
>   emerge -a --depclean
>
> If KDE/Gnome stuff still remains after that, use:
>
>   emerge -pv --depclean <package>
>
> to see what's pulling-in <package>.

So, what if I have changed the flags to -kde and -gnome, and I also ran
depclean, also used the script provided by some kind member of the list
and I still have all the kde gnome stuff on my system? Do I need some
list of packages should I unmerge? Should I simple unmerge packages
kde-base/* and so on and run revdep-rebuild after this? Is this a
working approach?

Thank you
Laszlo