On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:08:26 -0500
"Walter Dnes" <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:

>   An answer from a different Walter <G>...
>
> > I also don't use pulse - plain ALSA is good enough for me - but
> > looking over the design goals for pulseaudio I see a decent attempt
> > to deal with audio properly for the future. These days we have
> > computers and devices that can interact with many other things in
> > weird and wonderful ways and software needs to deal with that.
>
> [...deletia...]
>
> > I just curious why you think that it's not useful to the ordinary
> > user in a generic wide way.
>
>   I'll throw the question back to you.

How about you go first?

I'm not opening up a debate and preparing an argument, I really want to
know what you think about this matter.

Yeah, I know, this is a highly unusual thing for Alan to put out there
and I've never done it this way before :-)

But it's legit, I don't have a dog in this fight and would really like
to know what you think

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com