On 2012-01-26 12:22, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> I'm not opening up a debate and preparing an argument, I really want to
> know what you think about this matter.

I apologize for "butting" in...

Here's what *I* think about it (well, this is not about Pulseaudio
specifically but I'm sure you'll get the idea):
https://groups.google.com/group/linux.gentoo.user/msg/6bbe9d07876c92f5

To be clear:
If I ever need something then it should be *complementary* to what I
already have.

It can also be noted that Pulseaudio will not even utilise the hardware
I own to it's fullest:
https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2009-July/004519.html

If I would ever need a sound router I would check out Jack but that
requires a bit of "fiddling" as I understand it.

Best regards

Peter K