On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Bruce Hill, Jr.
<da...@happypenguincomputers.com> wrote:

> On March 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM "Canek Peláez Valdés" <can...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Bruce Hill, Jr.
>> <da...@happypenguincomputers.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > On March 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM "Canek Peláez Valdés" <can...@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> > <snip>

>> > It _sounds_ like your definition of a "fringe" program is one that does
> not
>> > need udev; but when it becomes "mainstream" it will need udev. If not,
> you
>> > write us the definition of a "fringe" program and a "mainstream"
> program.
>> >
>> > Excuse me, but that's just incredibly _arrogant_!
>>
>> Relax man. That's why "fringe" is written QUOTE fringe UNQUOTE, and
>> "mainstream" is written QUOTE mainstream UNQUOTE. If it makes you
>> happy, replace "fringe" with "GNOME/KDE/XFCE/lvm2-not-related" and
>> "mainstream" with "GNOME/KDE/XFCE/lvm2-related". That's using the very
>> same definition that Walter (the guy behind the mdev-instead-of-udev
>> effort) used just three mails below (or above, depending on your email
>> client).
>>
>> Please chill, no need to get all worked out.
>>
>> And I maintain my prediction.
>>
>> Regards.
>> --
>> Canek Peláez Valdés
>

> So, what qualifies for "the moment a "fringe" program reaches critical mass
> to become "maistream", the probability of it needing udev (directly or
> indirectly) will increase."

Just what I was saying: I said (right there) "the probability of it
needing udev (directly or indirectly) will increase." I did not say it
would *need* udev for sure; just that the probability of it needing
udev would increase.

I'm not spreading FUD; I'm just stating my opinion. And I stick to it;
wanna bet that beer?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés