On 09/15/2012 03:26 PM, Mick wrote:
> I was also replacing capacitors last weekend.  It is a good idea to upgrade
> them if there are alternatives of a higher maximum temperature as they will
> probably last longer.  A belts & braces approach is to add another/larger
> case
> fan to keep the in-case temperatures lower.

Well, after I replaced the cap, I decided to get a better power supply
anyway. The one that died was an OCZ 1010 W supply, which is way too
much for this machine. I used to have 12 hard drives in here
(Thermaltake Full Armor), but a few years ago I built a server to do
those tasks. I replaced it with a platinum 650 W rated supply. The new
PSU looks like it's built a lot better.

I already have three 12 cm fans that are controlled by the BIOS. I've
had really poor luck with OCZ anything (to the point that I won't buy
anything they make anymore.)

Dan