-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [gentoo-project] With regard to udev stabilization
Date:   Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:40:53 -0500
From:   Richard Yao <r...@gentoo.org>
To:     gentoo-proj...@lists.gentoo.org

Richard Yao wrote:

> Dear Everyone,
>
> It is no secret that many of us are unhappy with the direction that udev
> has taken under the leadership of the systemd developers. That includes
> Linus Torvalds, who is 'leery of the fact that the udev maintenance
> seems to have gone into some "crazy mode" where they have made changes
> that were known to be problematic, and are pure and utter stupidity.'
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/2/505
>
> After speaking with several other Gentoo developers that share Linus'
> concerns, I have decided to form a team to fork udev. Our plan is to
> eliminate the separate /usr requirement from our fork, among other
> things. We will announce the project later this week.
>
> I understand that the council is scheduled to vote on a topic related to
> udev stabilization. Would it be possible to delay the vote for another
> month so that we have time to get organized?
>
> Yours truly,
> Richard Yao

Well, it appears we have someone willing to fork udev.  Yeppie !!   Me, I'm
looking forward to seeing how this works and giving it a test run when it gets
ready.  Since it is a fork, shouldn't be to long, I hope.

I wonder what they will name it tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!