On 01/25/13 01:33, Alan McKinnon wrote:

I haven't printed anything in a long time, but:

CUPS drivers make all the difference. I used to pretty much get
pathetic results using whatever was TheOfficialDriverOfTheDay for a
given printer, and would get amazingly successful results using good
old vanilla postscript or Generic PCL5/6 drivers. Go figure.

There was a time the company went through just about every printer
manufacturer in the business in 6 months trying to find a printer that
actually worked (for sane values of work). In each case the official
CUPS driver simply would not offer double-sided or shrink 2 pages onto 1
mode for *ANY* model. Postscript and generic PCL always worked every
single time.

/me baffled

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com

I couldn't agree more. I think all those Linux programs have problem printing
if one tries to print few pages in landscape mode on a single sheet of pager.

For me this command line did the job:
lpr -o media=Letter -o landscape -o number-up=4 -o number-up-layout=btlr
filename

--
Joseph