On 01/25/2013 11:33:45 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:
On 25/01/13 18:06, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:43:06 -0700, Joseph wrote:
>
>> I have a document "letter" size in landscape mode and I'm trying to
>> print it with e-document viewer 4-pages per side and it will not
>> print.  Some documents prints OK but this one will not print it.
>>
>> Are there better programs in Linux for printing pdf files?
>
> Okular has always worked well for me.

there is also pdf2pdf - I cant find which package its in, but its saved
a few files for me (cleans/scrubs the pdf code as part of a pipeline)

Thanks for the hint. To find a package

http://www.portagefilelist.de/ is your friend.

It shows that pdf2pdf is part of media-gfx/swftools-0.9.1 which is not
in the tree anymore. Furthermore it needs media-libs/pdflib which have
been abandoned, as well. But there is a newer version of
PDFlib Lite (7.0.5p3). Adapting the old ebuild for 7.0.4_p5 does work.
Then media-gfx/swftools-0.9.1 does build and it generates pdf2pdf.

Helmut.