On 01/25/13 06:41, Bruce Hill wrote:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 01:00:18PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> there is also pdf2pdf - I cant find which package its in, but its
> saved
> a few files for me (cleans/scrubs the pdf code as part of a pipeline)

Thanks for the hint. To find a package

http://www.portagefilelist.de/ is your friend.

It shows that pdf2pdf is part of media-gfx/swftools-0.9.1 which is not
in the tree anymore. Furthermore it needs media-libs/pdflib which have
been abandoned, as well. But there is a newer version of
PDFlib Lite (7.0.5p3). Adapting the old ebuild for 7.0.4_p5 does work.
Then media-gfx/swftools-0.9.1 does build and it generates pdf2pdf.

e-file is much more efficient, then use eshowkw:

mingdao@server ~ $ e-file pdf2pdf
*  media-gfx/swftools
        Available Versions:     0.9.1
        Homepage:               http://www.swftools.org/
and generation utilities
        Matched Files:          /usr/bin/pdf2pdf;

mingdao@server ~ $ eshowkw media-gfx/swftools
Keywords for media-gfx/swftools:
     |                           | u   |
     | a a             p     s   | n   |
     | l m   h i m m   p s   p   | u s | r
     | p d a p a 6 i p c 3   a x | s l | e
     | h 6 r p 6 8 p p 6 9 s r 8 | e o | p
     | a 4 m a 4 k s c 4 0 h c 6 | d t | o
0.9.2 | o ~ o ~ o o o ~ o o o ~ ~ | o 0 | gentoo
--
Happy Penguin Computers               >')
126 Fenco Drive                       ( \

I just emerge swftools-0.9.2 It did not generate "pdf2pdf" binary
--
Joseph