Am Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:23:04 -0400
schrieb Michael Mol <mike...@gmail.com>:

> On 04/06/2013 11:19 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> > Hello Michael,

> > I did not change 70-something contents. I deleted it and let udev
> > regenerate it.
> >
> > The name in rules.d is net=eth0 and net=eth1 pointing to the correct
> > mac address.
> >
> > Your help is greatly appreciated,
>
> Just an FYI...when I removed them, udev did not regenerate them. You
> might try removing them again (or moving them to ~root/ for
> safekeeping), rebooting, and seeing what happens.
>
> That udev regenerated them for you is very, very weird.

Especially considering that the programs for generating them aren't installed
anymore. Look at the output of "qlist -e udev|grep write" and see if you find
them (the programs were /lib/udev/write_{cd,net}_rules). For me grep finds
nothing, so I have to ask: are you *really* using udev-200?

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup