On 04/17/13 19:24, Randolph Maaßen wrote:
  >>     Well, it did print to pdf or ps file a week ago before
  upgrading, so
  >>     what did it change?
  >>     Why all of a sudden doesn't do pdf printing?
  >>     --
  >>     Joseph
  >>
  >>   So what packages have been updated/changed, what does your
  printing
  >>   system look like, ...
  >>   Without some information nobody can help you.
  >>   --
  >>   Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
  >>
  >>   Randolph Maaßen
  >

  > I'm using standard cups printing system.
  > It is hard to find out which package are responsible for it, I
  usually upgrade very second month so bunch of them got upgraded I did
  not get any error messages. It is like looking for a needle in a
  haystack :-/

  > --
  > Joseph

  Ok, so I would try running revdep-rebuild, to ensure that upgrading
  didn't break any abi. This happened to me some time ago.

I know I have been holding to xpdf and old poppler but I've got rid of xpdf and
upgraded poppler to the current one.
run: revdep-rebuild texlive was rebuild I've re-emerged evince
but I'm still getting the same error with "evince": Error printing - Operation
not supported when trying to print to pdf file :-/

--
Joseph