On 04/18/13 08:40, Alan McKinnon wrote:
On 18/04/2013 00:34, Joseph wrote:
On 04/17/13 22:26, J. Roeleveld wrote:

I agree, like actually provide more information when you mention that
after using $$RANDOM_TOOL it doesn't work on another system either.
In these cases, knowing what $$RANDOM_TOOL actually ended up doing would
really help.

Start with the short list of three items in my other mail.

I promise you, and this is important, until you provide that information
we will all keep going around in circles (unless you hit random pay
dirt) and your printing will continue to not work.

--
Joost Roeleveld

When I start "evince" from a command line and try to print to pdf file I
get:

(evince:18927): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()

Did you do a Google search on that error, and if so, what did you
conclude from reading the various hits you got?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com

Well, I finally narrow it down to one build in functionality it that is build
into some library, though nobody can tell me which library is it.
I'm talking about the option when you go to "Print" from for example Firefox or evince, when print window pop-up there is option: "Print to File" (this has nothing to do with cups-pdf filter) This option is not working as before. Prior to upgrade I could print from Firefox to PDF to any user sub-directory now I can only print to user home folder. Evince will not print at all to pdf or ps file.
So that library screw me up, but I don't know which one is it.

--
Joseph