On 04/17/13 22:20, Alan McKinnon wrote:

OK, I'm getting somewhere.
After starting "evince" from command line I can print to pdf file; but
only when starting it from a desktop I'm getting this error.
 Error printing - Operation not supported

You are still not giving much in the way of information, and you are
still getting replies from people that basically say "Well, gee, I dunno
what the problem is, but try this $RANDOM_MAGIC_SAUCE"

It's an exercise in throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

So, it used to work. Now it doesn't work.
Something changed in between.
You need to provide the information to find what changed, no-one else
can. And it doesn't help repeating the error message you get, we already
know that.

Start with the short list of three items in my other mail.

I promise you, and this is important, until you provide that information
we will all keep going around in circles (unless you hit random pay
dirt) and your printing will continue to not work.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com

If is hard to find trouble-shoot these kind of problems. If I new which package
is causing it I wouldn't be asking questions on this forum!
I'll emerge --rsync maybe it was fixed already.
I know Firefox-17.0.4 has a printing problem to a folder other than /home/user/
folder but it was fixed in 17.0.5 version.

--
Joseph