On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:24:53 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:

> But what would make more sense (at least in my mind) would be to have
> official 'working hours' changes, and adjust those, rather than change
> the clocks - ie, in your example, instead of school starting at 9:00am,
> it switches to start at 10:00am.

That would mean lots of separate changes, including things that are
regulated by time, such as licencing hours (which, incidentally, were
introduced here in the same Act of Parliament as DST, and for the same
reason).

A single, well documented, change to clocks is a lot simpler than every
business and organisation having date-dependent trading hours.

--
Neil Bothwick

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.