On 2013-08-01 4:04 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

I switched when it was still fresh and it wasn't to bad from what I
recall.  Just emerge -C udev and emerge eudev.  I think I masked udev to
make sure it didn't get pulled in any more by something else but other
than that, it just worked.

I would recommend going to boot runlevel and restarting udev after the
switch tho, just to be sure it restarts OK.

Oh, the init script is still called udev not eudev.

Thanks Dale.

Hmmm... so, do I have to do any of the things recommended if updating to the new version of udev?

Ie:

Remove the udev-postmount init script

Make sure CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y is set in the kernel configuration

etc...

?