On 2013-08-10 10:25 AM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
On 2013-08-09 7:12 AM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
Last - is simply restarting udev good enough, or should I go ahead and
reboot anyway before continuing with other updates?

Never got a response to this...

I'd prefer to not reboot if I don't have to, but it isn't *that* big a
deal if it is 'recommended'...

Two other related questions...

1. Would it be correct to say that if you don't get an error when restarting udev, you *shouldn't* (I know there are never any guarantees) get an error when rebooting?

and

2. What happens if I

/etc/init.d/udev restart

and there is an error of some kind?

Will it cause my mail server to come crashing down? Or will it keep running until I can determine the error and fix it?

Keep in mind - this is a server, and just runs postfix/dovecot/apache/mysql...