On 2013-09-28 2:18 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
Michael Hampicke wrote:
No seperate /usr either

Well, it was there when I followed it otherwise, I wouldn't have known
to even do it.  I all but copy and pasted the instructions from the
install guide.

I'm 99% certain it was in the LVM part of the handbook/guide.

Dale - I'm honestly curious, what is your reason, philisophical or technical, for wanting a separate /usr?

Everything I've read says there is no good reason for it today. Separate /home, /tmp, /var, yes, good reasons for t hose... but not /usr...

So, again - why would you prefer switching distro's over merging /usr back into / and be done with it?