Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2013-09-28 2:18 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Michael Hampicke wrote:
>>> No seperate /usr either
>
>> Well, it was there when I followed it otherwise, I wouldn't have known
>> to even do it.  I all but copy and pasted the instructions from the
>> install guide.
>
> I'm 99% certain it was in the LVM part of the handbook/guide.
>
> Dale - I'm honestly curious, what is your reason, philisophical or
> technical, for wanting a separate /usr?
>
> Everything I've read says there is no good reason for it today.
> Separate /home, /tmp, /var, yes, good reasons for t hose... but not
> /usr...
>
> So, again - why would you prefer switching distro's over merging /usr
> back into / and be done with it?
>
> .

I didn't use LVM back then.  I only started using LVM a few years ago.

The reason is the same I have posted before.  I have / and /boot on
regular partitions.  Everything else is on LVM.  I don't have / on LVM
because it would require a init thingy.  I don't have /boot on LVM
because grub doesn't or didn't support it.  I have since switched to
grub2 so it may but still have the issue with / so no need redoing
everything for that.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!