On 05/02/2014 01:27, walt wrote:
> Being the only user of this machine, I could work up some outrage over this
> new PITA -- but I've decided not to be outraged.  I pretend to be a sysadmin
> and imagine how I would feel if an arbitrary user demanded the ability to
> plug any arbitrary USB stick into his corporate workstation.
>
> Well, I'm not a corporate sysadmin, and never will be, but I think I'd be
> reluctant to let him do it.
>
> Any official sysadmins out there have an infallible opinion to offer?

I am a corporate sysadmin, and resisting that one is a waste of time.

"bring your own device" is all the current rage in corporate speak.
So it's The user's whole computer plus nothing of mine on the network
versus the users own USB stick plus the computer of mine on the network.
No brainer.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com