On 02/07/2014 02:32 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
> Your seat seems to be the owner of both the power buttons and USB
> devices, so you should not be asked for a password when powering down
> the machine (unless another user or root is logged in, for example by
> ssh), nor when using a USB stick.
>
> I repeat my question (if you already answered I apologize), do you
> have systemd emerged with the policykit USE flag?

Well, I know more now but understand less :)  I recompiled both systemd
and polkit and they both have the correct useflags.

After rebooting I looked at /run/systemd/seesions/1 and I'm now "ACTIVE".

But next I startx (into xfce4) and look again:

$cat /run/systemd/sessions/1
# This is private data. Do not parse.
UID=1001
USER=wa1ter
ACTIVE=0    <=================== not active
STATE=online
REMOTE=0
TYPE=tty
CLASS=user
SCOPE=session-1.scope
FIFO=/run/systemd/sessions/1.ref
SEAT=seat0
TTY=/dev/tty1
SERVICE=login
VTNR=1
LEADER=431
AUDIT=1
REALTIME=1391814650100964
MONOTONIC=29998146

I think I remember having the same problem in the early days of consolekit
and I used some kind of policy editor to fix it, but I don't remember much
about it.