On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 19:15:22 -0400, Dutch Ingraham wrote:

> I suppose its now time for an uninstall.  Kind of disappointing; we are
> told Gentoo is about choices, and in fact that's true.  I made the
> choice to use a pure openRC system.  The last 7 hours of free time,
> though, was spent trying, and ultimately failing, to correct a problem
> not chosen, not wanted, and not invited.

...and not of Gentoo's doing. You are trying to blame Gentoo for a
problem arising from an overlay. A more productive use of your time would
be to inform the overlay's maintainers about your problem and request a
fix, which may well be a simple ebuild tweak.

--
Neil Bothwick

...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.