Rich Freeman wrote:
> And do check on your warranty. You can migrate all your data to the
> new drive, and then replace the old one as a backup disk. Either use
> it with raid, or as an offline backup. If you want to do raid you can
> set up mdadm with a degraded raid1 so that you can copy your data over
> from your old drive, and then when it is replaced you just partition
> the new one, add it to the raid, and watch it rebuild automatically. Rich

I thought I was never going to find that thing.  It is pretty well
hidden.  Anyway:

Serial Number  Seagate Part Number Warranty Status
Z1F0PKT5           9YN166-302       Out of Warranty

So, I guess I need to check newegg and see if I can show a invoice that
it is less than two years old.  I'm not sure that it is tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)