On Thu, Jun 25 2015, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:09:03 +0100, Mick wrote:
>
>> I would seek a refund for the MSWindows OS that it comes preinstalled
>> with. (This is a blatant case of software bundling with their products
>> and the refusal to cough up a refund when requested remains
>> incompatible with European Directive 2005/29/EC.  Court test cases in
>> France and Belgium have validated this and big boys like Dell are now
>> more cautious when confronted by informed consumers assertively
>> requesting refunds.)
>
> The XPS 13 at least is available as a "Developer Edition" that comes with
> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS instead of Windows.

I "dual boot" windows and gentoo.  The quotes are there since my current
machine (3 years old) has never been in windows post-installation.  The
advantage of having windows available occurs if you need dell
maintenance.  At least in the past they are much more comfortable with
windows.

allan

PS Also ,I keep thinking I will install and play diablo, a game I played
about 5 years ago :-)