On 29/06/15 21:03, behrouz khosravi wrote:
>     I believe there was an effort to get Gentoo Prefix running on Android
>     as part of GSoC.  I've yet to try it myself but you might find that
>     useful.  I doubt it runs x11, but your typical x11 application isn't
>     really going to work well on a smartphone anyway unless you get a
>     bluetooth mouse/keyboard for it, and a magnifying glass.
>

> I love to get ride of android altogether!
> I would love to see a platform open enough that I am able to install my
> bootloader on it easily and boot what I prefer using a usb flash memory.
> This is what I consider as the linux or more appropriately free software
> ecosystem.
> It is obvious that we are far from this but I think that we deserve it
> anyways.
> I dont know whay we are not there yet, touch screen is just another
> input device, baseband modulator and demodulators are just another
> device attached to the CPU.

There is an android app that allows you to run a gentoo image.  I didn't
try to go past the shell into a GUI yet ... should be possible.  The
problem I had was on trying to update a package for security reasons I
hit some critical item that was missing out of the android kernel config
so I'll have to build a custom one :(  Will get back it some day, but
amazing none the less.

BillK