On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:43:05 -0600, Dale wrote:

> >> operation and output a list for you. The needrestart script can also
> >> try to automatically restart them for you.
> > I wouldn't want that.

> To be more clear, it ASKS if you want to restart them.  If you don't,
> you can hit "n" to skip restarting it.  For example, if you are in
> Konsole running the command and it wants to restart the GUI, which would
> kill your Konsole session and anything else not saved, then you can say
> no and move on.  Later on, you can logout and restart or whatever.

It's actually more intelligent than that. For most services it asks with
a default response of Y, so you just hit enter. For services like the
display manager or lognd, the default is N because of the disruption
restarting those can cause.

> Main point tho, it only asks you if you want to.  It doesn't blindly do
> it.

That#s only the default, as well as running interactively you can have it
just list the services that need restarting (like checkrestart) or
restart them automatically if you like to live dangerously ;-)

--
Neil Bothwick

We are sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary.