On 01/09/17 19:14, Grant wrote:
My laptop's 13" screen has a native resolution of 3200x1800 which
makes everything crazy small on-screen.  Is there a good method for
telling Xorg or xfce4 to compensate, or should I one-at-a-time my
applications?
Depends on your desktop. I'm not sure if XFCE supports this, but in KDE everything scales to my monitor's DPI automatically.

What is the output of:

  xdpyinfo | grep -i resolution

(The utility is in the x11-apps/xdpyinfo package.)

On such a small screen, the result should be a very high DPI (around 282.) If that's not the number you get, then your graphics driver is reporting it wrong to Xorg, and you need to set it manually.