On 2018.12.04 20:36, Adam Carter wrote:
On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:41 AM Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 4 December 2018 19:23:27 GMT Jack wrote:
> Phew! The chromium emerge completed with -j1, although it took 4 hours
> longer
> than last time on one PC and 6.5 hours longer on another.

For those systems it might be worth trying the binary google-chrome
instead. Much smaller download and;

$ genlop -t google-chrome | tail -n3
Tue Nov 20 20:20:10 2018 >>> www-client/google-chrome-70.0.3538.110
       merge time: 35 seconds.

But only if you don't care about the differences between Chrome and Chromium. They are close, but not (unless I'm terribly mistaken) exactly the same. The latter is completely FOSS, but the former contains some Google specific additions. While I do have both installed, I don't particularly trust Google enough to use Chrome unless nothing else works. It's pretty rare I need to use it.

Jack