Hello,

On Fri, 07 Dec 2018, Dale wrote:
>David Haller wrote:
>>> That's what I generally use.  I don't see a place for it to show the CPU
>>> frequency tho.  Did I miss it?
>> Nope. Try your local x11-plugins/gkrellm-gkfreq, see attachment ;)
>
>Oh man.  They added a lot of plugins since I last looked.  I couldn't
>find the one you mentioned but I did find gkrellm-cpupower which seems
>to be it.  Maybe they changed a name recently???

Nah, cpupower seems to be even older that gkfreq, but that is also at
least from 2010 ;) IIRC I found it linked from the gkrellm homepage.

>Thing about that, it takes up way to much room to display. I could
>check it on occasion but I wouldn't want to leave it up there all the
>time.

You can configure it! But cpupower seems to take at least a
line/CPU-Core. BTW it seems you have to restart gkrellm to have
cpupower update it's config, unlike most other plugins (e.g. gkfreq ;)

>Thanks for the tip tho.  I'm going to check into the other plugins that
>might be nifty to have.

gkfreq can be configured that it just shows one line (e.g. "Max",
which is how I have it), and which suits me. Oh and with that slower
update-rate in my other follow-up with the patch.

Check both out. You can use both cpupower and gkfreq for testing and
keep whichever you like better ;)

-dnh

--
[David hat Thomas einen Geologen genannt]
>Ich bastle auch schon an der Bombe fuer David.... :-))
*JAUL* *duck* *fluecht* *eingrab* *Ach nee, das bringt bei nem
Geo_PHYSIKER_ ja nix* *Heul* *UFO kaper*
                               [Thomas Hertweck und  Haller in suse-talk]