Laurence Perkins wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-01-28 at 16:54 -0600, Dale wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> As some know, I've accumulated a lot of videos.  I googled around and
>> found some software but not sure based on what they claim if they
>> will
>> do something I'm looking for.  I installed a couple but not real big
>> on
>> how they work.  One requires me to add videos, one at a time.  I have
>> over 20,000 videos now.  Some are short youtube type videos, some are
>> long videos.  It could take me years to add them all doing it one at
>> time.  Needless to say, that one didn't last long.  The biggest thing
>> I'm looking for, software that can tell me what videos have a low
>> resolution.  As a example, some videos I downloaded a long time ago
>> have
>> been updated to have higher resolutions.  I may have one that is a
>> 360P,
>> or even less, but I may can locate a new version that is HD or even
>> very
>> HD.  I'd like software that will tell me this sort of info as well as
>> other nifty features as well.  Obviously, I'd like to start with the
>> lower resolution videos first.
>>
>> So far, I have installed Griffith and GCStar.  I been googling for
>> others but some either are not in the tree or I already know they
>> won't
>> do one thing I'd like to see.  I'd also like to be able to point it
>> to a
>> directory and let it build the database on its own.  Adding them one
>> at
>> a time manually just isn't feasible at all.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a software package that will sort a lot of videos
>> by
>> resolution as well as track other things as well?  It could be that
>> what
>> I'd like to have doesn't exist at all.  Then again, maybe I just
>> haven't
>> found it yet.  ;-)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>>
> Digikam might be worth a try.  It does some pretty advanced stuff with
> photos and I think at this point it can do quite a bit of the sorting
> and searching stuff with videos as well.  I've not tried it with videos
> myself though so I can't make any promises.
>
> LMP

I have and use that for pictures.  Maybe it is something recently added
that I missed.  I'll look into that some more.  Since I already use it,
it would be nice.  I just use it to track what is downloaded and what is
not so I use it as a basic tool.  I used to use gtkam, I think that is
the name.  It got a bug of some sort so I switched to digikam several
years ago.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)