Jack wrote:
> On 2019.01.28 19:01, Dale wrote:
> [snip.....]
>> I'll look into f-spot tho.  It may work well for my camera stuff
>> too.  Who knows.  What package does that come with?  I can't find a
>> f-spot here.  Eix didn't help either.
> F-spot isn't currently packaged anywhere.  It fell into a period of
> lack of maintenance, and had too many build bugs, so most/all distros
> dropped it.  I didn't want to change, so I started figuring out how to
> build it myself.  My current version continues to work, but I have not
> been able to build a new version in over a year.  I can sometimes
> build it under other distros with more up-to-date dotnet stuff.  If I
> ever find something like a flat-pack version, I'll let you know.  If
> you really want to try, the source is at https://github.com/f-spot/f-spot
>
> Don't underestimate your scripting abilities.  It might take learning
> a bit, but you've done that before :-)   Start with modifying your
> grep line so the path to file and grep result are on a single line,
> you can append them to a big file (one line per video with full path
> to video, the size, and some other (hopefully consistent text).  You
> can import that into a libreoffice spreadsheet.  Even if it's only one
> column to start, you can search/replace to change the static text to a
> comma or something to separate items, then to "text to columns."  Then
> you can sort.  I think LO can handle ~20K rows, but you could always
> move/convert it to LO Base (it's simple database - sort of like
> MS-Access).  Still just use the spreadsheet interface, but underneath,
> it's better able to handle the volume and sorting.
>>
>> Thanks for the idea.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>>  :-)  :-)
>
> Jack

I knew I'd heard of that before.  I didn't realize it was outdated tho.

Trust me, my scripting is awful.  I have a script that I use to backup
my /home directory.  I wanted to add a section that will make sure the
external drive is mounted first and stop if it isn't.  I googled, found
some nifty examples.  Sort of makes sense, sort of.  Still no clue how
to make it work for me tho.  lol  So sad.

Some things I get and can pick up fast.  Some things I can't quite grasp
no matter what I try.  Scripting seems to fall into that last category.
It's pathetic.

Dale

:-)  :-)