пн, 19 окт. 2020 г. в 02:18, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:

> On the modules or in kernel, I compile all mine in the kernel.  The only
> modules I have is my nvidia video drivers. There's pro's and con's to
> each so whatever works and you like.

I actually asked a question not about the choice between "in kernel"
or "as a module" but about "to build or not to build" at all. :)

So, once more: Is it better to compile the driver for my HDMI audio
device or not, if I am not going to use HDMI audio output?

> Glad it's working now.  I need a shower.  I been cutting down trees and
> dragging them to a pile to rot or burn.  I'm tired, I stink which
> requires a shower and I'm hungry.  Cutting and getting rid of a 24 inch
> across tree isn't easy when you have a 20 inch bar on the chainsaw.  :/

Thank you once more. And you should not rush to answer: my initial
intention was to finally solve this problem till the end of this
month, and now it is solved during only one weekend. :)