I think I had used the Gentoo live USB originally, although I've the
gparted live USB as well. Sysrescue ought to work but I'm wondering if
there's an issue with a missing GPU driver or something. Granted, id be
surprised that both sysrescue and the Ubuntu server USBs are missing
drivers.

What is your graphics setup? Integrated? Dedicated?