On 5/5/22 10:39 AM, John Covici wrote:
saslauthd is running, but it seems to ignore the Sendmail.conf .

I think it's the other way around.

Sendmail is told to support authentication via one or more methods, one of which can be SASL and co.

The actual SASL auth daemon just listens on a unix socket and / or TCP port for clients to test authentication pairs, returning a pass fail type message.

I used openssl s_client to connect to my sendmail, it was happy with the certs, but in response to the ehlo gives me no auth line at all.

:-/

Very strange.

Very annoying, definitely.

I don't know if it's strange yet or not. I think the strangeness will be confirmed or refuted after finding out why Sendmail isn't offering AUTH options.

My favorite thing to turn to when things that used to work and now don't is to restore a backup of the configuration file and compare them. Can you do that with your sendmail.cf or sendmail.mc file?

There's also a chance that it's your submit.cf or submit.mc file since we're talking about the MSA on port 587. (Unless you aren't using the separate MSA which has been standard for 15+ years.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die