On 5/12/22 8:42 AM, John Covici wrote:
So, I went on to the sasl mailing list and someone found a patch -- seems to be available for the freebsd port, and the patch was specific to sendmail and dev-libs/cyrus-sasl 2.1.28. I modified it for gentoo and it fixed everything up! I wonder if I should file this somewhere -- funny no one else noticed this before -- I saw nothing on bgo.

Hi John,

I'm glad that you found a solution.

I'm sorry that I've not responded to your detailed message yet. Life / $WORK has been really busy this week. I was planing on giving your message the attention it deserved this weekend.

Yes, I suspect that a patch or at least a bug report to Gentoo would be good.

I'd suggest starting communications with the Gentoo package maintainer if there is no better place. I expect that they will receive the patch and / or redirect you somewhere better.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die