On 5/5/22 1:24 PM, John Covici wrote:
I do have a submit.mc file, but I have not changed this at all. What is strange to me is that if I do saslauthd -v should not I get everything that my Sendmail.conf has?

I would not assume so.

I say that based on my understanding of how SASL and Sendmail interact.

In many ways, Sendmail and SASL are two entirely separate sub-systems. Sendmail (as I usually see it configured) wholesale outsources outsources testing authentication credentials. It does so by asking the completely independent SASL authentication daemon to test the credentials (nominally a username and password pair) to see if they are valid. SASL returns a yes / no to Sendmail. Sendmail alters what it does based on that answer.

Since Sendmail and SASL are independent entities there is no reason for SASL to know anything about how Sendmail is configured.

I can check an old backup and see if I have one for my sendmail.mc and
get back.

ACK

--
Grant. . . .