On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 12:53:07 -0500,
Thelma wrote:

> On 2/2/24 10:09, John Covici wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 10:26:09 -0500,
> > Thelma wrote:
> >>
> >> Anybody on the list using Asterisk?
> >> I need some help.
> >>
> >> Have save version of asterisk is working correctly on one computer but the
> >> other.
> >>

> > I use asterisk all the time, but I don't use the gentoo package, I
> > compile from source myself because some of the computers I use it on
> > have different requirements and this way I have more conttrol as to
> > what goes on.
>
> I have been using asterisk for some time but have run into strange problem
> now.
>
> I have home-asterisk and remote-location-asterisk they are connected via
> openvpn and IAX
> and I use iax to register home-asterisk to remote-asterisk
>
> At home I have two computers (main-asterisk and backup-asterisk), running
> save version of Asterisk, same dial-plan, same config files, all files in
> /etc/asterisk are identical
> on home-comuters, I compare them with "meld"
>
> - backup-asterisk to remote-asterisk works OK, I can call remote asterisk
> internally over IAX and remote asterisk receive the call and voice is working.
>
> - main-asterisk to remote-asterisk doesn't work well and I don't know how to
> troubleshoot.
>
> When I place a call to remote-asterisk, internally over IAX the phone is
> ringing but when somebody answer the call we can not hear each other.
> When somebody from remote-asterisk calls me (home-asterisk) internally over
> IAX  voice is working correctly; it only happen when I place a call from
> home-asterisk to remote-asterisk (and only from my main-computer) it is not
> working.
>
> When I call remote-asterisk over POTS line it works OK.

Sounds like a firewall setting on the home computers, make sure all
the ports are open between the start and end of the asterisk rpt
ports.  Are you using a router, or is the asterisk on a public ip?
That is what I can think of at the moment.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         cov...@ccs.covici.com