On 2/2/24 13:05, John Covici wrote:
On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 14:17:23 -0500,
Thelma wrote:

On 2/2/24 11:37, John Covici wrote:
On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 12:53:07 -0500,
Thelma wrote:

On 2/2/24 10:09, John Covici wrote:

On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 10:26:09 -0500,
Thelma wrote:

Anybody on the list using Asterisk?
I need some help.

Have save version of asterisk is working correctly on one computer but the
other.

I use asterisk all the time, but I don't use the gentoo package, I
compile from source myself because some of the computers I use it on
have different requirements and this way I have more conttrol as to
what goes on.

I have been using asterisk for some time but have run into strange problem now.

I have home-asterisk and remote-location-asterisk they are connected via
openvpn and IAX
and I use iax to register home-asterisk to remote-asterisk

At home I have two computers (main-asterisk and backup-asterisk), running save
version of Asterisk, same dial-plan, same config files, all files in
/etc/asterisk are identical
on home-comuters, I compare them with "meld"

- backup-asterisk to remote-asterisk works OK, I can call remote asterisk
internally over IAX and remote asterisk receive the call and voice is working.

- main-asterisk to remote-asterisk doesn't work well and I don't know how to
troubleshoot.

When I place a call to remote-asterisk, internally over IAX the phone is
ringing but when somebody answer the call we can not hear each other.
When somebody from remote-asterisk calls me (home-asterisk) internally over IAX
 voice is working correctly; it only happen when I place a call from
home-asterisk to remote-asterisk (and only from my main-computer) it is not
working.

When I call remote-asterisk over POTS line it works OK.

Sounds like a firewall setting on the home computers, make sure all
the ports are open between the start and end of the asterisk rpt
ports.  Are you using a router, or is the asterisk on a public ip?
That is what I can think of at the moment.

On home computer there are no ports that are open, remote computer have port
open to make openvpn connection
I'm using router, and asterisks are not on public IP, on private IP.

client
dev tun
proto udp
port 9072
topology subnet
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xx  9072  # Telus fiber

resolv-retry infinite
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1200
persist-key
persist-tun
remote-cert-tls server
ca "/etc/openvpn/clinic_i5/ca.crt"
cert "/etc/openvpn/clinic_i5/syscon7.crt"
key "/etc/openvpn/clinic_i5/syscon7.key"
tls-auth "/etc/openvpn/clinic_i5/ta.key" 1
comp-lzo no
log        /var/log/openvpn_i5.log
log-append /var/log/openvpn_i5.log
auth-nocache
verb 3

openvpn-log doesn't show any errors (will double check tonight)

The home main-asterisk and backup-asterisk are using same openvpn file; I just
drop connection on one, and start connection on the one I want to use.

What do your logs reveal -- you should be surre to set debug in your
logs before testing.  Also, what happens if you use sip instead of
aix?

Good suggestion trying SIP instead of IAX since the call doesn't go over
firewall.
 I'll try it over the weekend.