Am Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 03:42:07PM -0400 schrieb Matt Connell:
> On Wed, 2024-03-27 at 19:58 +0100, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am looking for a way to synchronise a filesystem between 2 servers.
> > Changes can occur on both sides which means I need to have it
> > synchronise in both directions.
> >
> > Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
> >
> > Also, both servers are connected using a slow VPN link, which is why
> > I can't simply access files on the remote server.
>
> I've been using syncthing for years and am extremely pleased with it.
> It works so well that I sometimes forget that its there, truly in the
> It Just Works category of software.

Syncthing is also a good idea. The major difference: syncthing is a
permanently running daemon, so changes are synced very fast (the interval is
configurable, IIRC). OTOH, Unison is run individually by you. That’s why I
prefer the latter: in case I broke some file on my machine, I can get it
back from another machine without having to break out the backup disk (which
may not even have what I need because my backup interval is too big).

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last week.
Time to die.