I am trying to install wordpress on a machine that will become a server
in a rack in a datacenter, so it does not need (nor do I want) X11 on
it.  Right now, emerge is happy:

   [gromit ~ #] emerge -uDptv world
   These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:
   Calculating world dependencies ...done!
   Total size of downloads: 0 kB

If I try to install wordpress, it wants to bring xterm, and therefore
X11, with it:

   [gromit ~ #] emerge -uDptv wordpress
   These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:
   Calculating dependencies ...done!
   [ebuild  N    ] www-apps/wordpress-2.0.1  +vhosts 0 kB
   [ebuild  N    ] x11-terms/xterm-207  -Xaw3d -doc -toolbar +truetype -unicode
0 kB
   [ebuild  N    ]  sys-apps/utempter-0.5.5.6  0 kB
   [ebuild  N    ]   virtual/x11-6.8  0 kB
   [ebuild  N    ]    x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6  -3dfx -3dnow +bitmap-fonts
-cjk -debug -dlloader -dmx -doc -font-server -insecure-drivers +ipv6 -minimal
+mmx +nls -nocxx -opengl +pam -sdk +sse -static +truetype-fonts +type1-fonts
(-uclibc) -xprint +xv 0 kB
   Total size of downloads: 0 kB

If I install wordpress without the -D option, any subsequent emerge with
the -D option then wants to pull in xterm and all of that other stuff.

Looking at the wordpress ebuild file, I do not see any reason for it to
have a dependency on xterm.  I'm probably missing something simple, but
I just don't see it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Lance Jacobs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]