Nich Steicke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> No, this is simply wrong - IPV6 is the next generation protocol we are
> currently using IPV4 - why IPV6 is a default build flag i would have
> no idea, as from what i can see, it will be a good while before IPV6
> actually becomes implemented.

IPv6 is already implemented. For example my ISP provides me with a /64
which is routed to my DSL line. I connect to quite a few web sites
using Ipv6, many DNS queries use it, and I have had over 500 incoming
SMTP connections using it since upgrading to kernel 2.6.16 (when
ip6tables lists new connections)