On Monday 01 May 2006 10:50 pm, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > that is (AFAIK) just a layer below TCP/IP.
>
> Wrong. Besides: "just a layer below TCP/IP" makes no sense.
> TCP/IP is a protocol family. Two of those members are IPv4
> and IPv6. Now, what's "just a layer below TCP/IP" supposed
> to mean?

I didn't know.  I'm not a network programmer.  I will be sometime when I get
the time to read up on it all, but until then, it was just a educated guess.

> > I wouldn't
> > remove it if I were you.
>
> Why not? Why leave in things, which are not needed and which
> are known to possibly cause problems?

For me the "Why not?" is the part that I can't answer. I don't know what it
does, therefore I don't mess around with it.

Furthermore, I have never heard of it causing problems.

> >> Try a blank Firefox profile. To create one, run "firefox
> >> -ProfileManager".
> >
> > I don't see how that would help anything.
>
> It would help, if the problem is on his side, caused by bad
> settings in his profile. If everything's faster with a blank
> profile, he knows for sure, that the problems were caused
> by his old profile.

I've never *ever* heard of a profile being corrupted.  I'd be very surprised
if that's the case.

Nonetheless, it is a good idea, if a bit debatable in the likelihood it fixing
the problem at hand.

> Alexander Skwar
> --
> It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

I'd beg to differ.