wu chuanwen wrote:

Then is there anyway to accelerate gnome?My machine is not very
fast!(yeah,of course my machine is not as good as yours)

What are the specs of your computer?

Are you running Gnome 2.14? 2.14 has some nice speed increases and it also lowers memory footprint which can help with overall system response since you are less likely to swap on systems with low mem.

Have you looked at xfce4? It is gtk+2 based like gnome however it is a lot lighter on resource requirements.

You could also try gnome-light which doesn't install as many gnome packages.

Jim