On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 09:34 +0100, Mick wrote:
> On Sunday 26 August 2007, Walter Dnes wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 06:37:52AM +0100, Mick wrote
> >
> > > b)Plugging in an external keyboard, which is hopefully recognised.
> >
> >   No, it's *NOT* a laptop.  See
> > http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/desktops_inspn?c=ca&;
> >cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs
> >
> >   Last minute update... finally found something on Google.  Someone had
> > a similar problem with Slax, and solved it by the boot line...
> >
> > slax noapic irqpoll acpi=force

[snip]

> >   One problem down and one to go.  I can get a limited shell.  It
> > doesn't have "lspci" or "fdisk".  I want to see what shows up with
> > "lspci -v" and "fdisk -l".  I have a floppy if that helps.
>
> Can you copy over the binaries from another machine and see if they work?

no need, just download the slax modules.  Slax is great like this -
especially if you install it on a cdrw, you can keep appending modules
at later times until the cd fills up, no need to re-burn the whole lot!

Something must be Done
This is Something
Therefore, This must be Done
        -- The Thatcherite Syllogism