On Saturday 25 August 2007, Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:21:47PM -0400, Sean wrote
>
> > You could always install via a knoppix livecd, since knoppix seems to
> > be the best around for "odd" hardware. There's really nothing special
> > about the gentoo livecd as far as being able to install gentoo.
>
>   Same old same old.  Gentoo and Knoppix and Xubuntu all...
> a) fail to find the install CD after the initial stages of booting
> b) double up keystrokes after the initial stages of booting
>
>   Of course, Vista works on the system.

<g>
Well, if keyboard=X, nokeymap, etc., won't work even in Knoppix (which is tad
richer in kernel parameters than the Gentoo LiveCD) then I can only suggest
two things:

a)Ubuntu, SUSE, Fedora, SLAX, FreeSBIE, LiveCDs - just in case they have the
required driver.
b)Plugging in an external keyboard, which is hopefully recognised.

If all else fails, can you return it and get another make/model?

Good luck.
--
Regards,
Mick