> > > Customer service in the Internet age :(
> > >
> > > I would find a new host, but that's just me.
> >
> > Any recommendations?
>
> Couldn't you host your own server in the loft or the garage, using an old box
> for the job?  A car battery + inverter for UPS (all second hand of course)
> should see you good for not much more than the cheapest of most ISP packages
> per year.  The catch here is that access speed may not be as good as the more
> centralised fiber optic data centers with their load sharing, 8 CPU monsters,
> but as I assume that you are not running amazon or google you should be
> OK.  ;-)
>
> It may be worth checking with your domestic DSL/cable ISP that they do not
> throttle traffic and that they allow you to run a server in their T&Cs.

I have a dedicated server now and I'll never use a shared system
again.  I think the problem would be the internet connection.  I've
heard that most ISPs block port 80 so you can't run a webserver from a
"home" connection.  I think business connections are expensive.  I'm
only paying $75/month now.

- Grant