2008/1/14, Etaoin Shrdlu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> What application is running on the remote box, port 443? A SOCKS server
> or something else?

OpenSSH,  which  manage the redirections  alone.

What kind of machine is "127.0.0.1:8080", where putty is running? It's
> likely a windows box, but now putty exists for linux too.
> Is this the same machine you want to run portage on? If not, is the
> portage box on the same network as the putty one?

I am on Linux :P and the configuration  is my Gentoo  Installation.
127.O.O.1 is my machine where putty is running, Xchat run with this proxy
configuration: Socks5 127.0.0.1:8080

After Many tests, this solution worked. Thx for that ;)

But I am interested on a global configuration who pass all connection by the
SSH tunnel.

How i can do that ?