On Monday 14 January 2008, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
>> What kind of machine is "127.0.0.1:8080", where putty is running?
>> It's likely a windows box, but now putty exists for linux too.
>> Is this the same machine you want to run portage on? If not, is the
>> portage box on the same network as the putty one?
>

> I am on Linux

Now I am confused. Why do you run Putty on a Linux machine?

I used it once just to confuse and confound co-workers and have it
runable in Wine just to impress some other people.

But I'd never seriously USE it for anything...  That's why I have ...
um ... openssh and ... err ... telnet

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com