Grant Edwards schrieb:
On 2008-07-15, Michael Pobega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 08:00:22AM -0700, Michael Higgins wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:11:08 -0400 (EDT)
"James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, July 15, 2008 9:05 am, Michael Pobega wrote:
I've always had just one laptop so I've been a POP user for years
now, but I'm finally buying a second laptop for travels (Asus Eee
PC) and I was wondering what gentoo-user would recommend as a good
way to keep the mail synced on both of my machines.
Can I use procmail with IMAP or is that not possible?

That depends.  My ISP allows me to run my mail through procmail
on the IMAP server.  Gmail doesn't allow that, so you'd have to
set up a cron job to read mail from the inbox, run it through
procmail, and then store it back into folders on the IMAP server.

And how do I configure Mutt to use download/sync IMAP?

Mutt isn't really intended to "download/sync IMAP" (I presume
you're referring to offline usage).  Mutt is intended to be
used online -- to be connected to an IMAP server while you're
using it.

The whole point of IMAP is that you don't download all your
mail.  You leave it on the server.  I've read about MUAs who
are supposed to maintain a local mirror of all of the mail and
sync it periodically with the server, but I've never met
anybody who actually uses IMAP that way.

Take a look on net-mail/offlineimap. I used it for some time for offline-reading while taking a train but I found mail-readers with proper support for downloading mails automatically (a folder-specific option on Thunderbird, Evolution and Claws, for example) more convenient than running another app in the background.