On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 06:12:58PM +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
> Grant Edwards schrieb:

>>> Can I use procmail with IMAP or is that not possible?
>> That depends.  My ISP allows me to run my mail through procmail
>> on the IMAP server.  Gmail doesn't allow that, so you'd have to
>> set up a cron job to read mail from the inbox, run it through
>> procmail, and then store it back into folders on the IMAP server.
>>> And how do I configure Mutt to use download/sync IMAP?
>> Mutt isn't really intended to "download/sync IMAP" (I presume
>> you're referring to offline usage).  Mutt is intended to be
>> used online -- to be connected to an IMAP server while you're
>> using it.
>> The whole point of IMAP is that you don't download all your
>> mail.  You leave it on the server.  I've read about MUAs who
>> are supposed to maintain a local mirror of all of the mail and
>> sync it periodically with the server, but I've never met
>> anybody who actually uses IMAP that way.
>
> Take a look on net-mail/offlineimap. I used it for some time for
> offline-reading while taking a train but I found mail-readers with proper
> support for downloading mails automatically (a folder-specific option on
> Thunderbird, Evolution and Claws, for example) more convenient than running
> another app in the background.

It works really nicely, but for some reason it dies when downloading
message number 7088... I don't know what causes this. How can I tell
which message is 7088 on Gmail? Perhaps I can just delete it and work
around it...

http://pastebin.com/m45fb8db4

--
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they